PICK OUR GENRES NOW! MAD ABOUT BOOKS GROUP - PINNED POST!
You’ve heard their names.
You’ve read their words.
But now’s your chance to see them head to head in an indie battle like none before.
Choose their genre weapons.
Pick their prompt.
Sixteen authors go word to word and only one will come out on top.
Who will be named Crazy Ink’s #Craziest tale spinner?
in Mad About Books group on Facebook
Meet the contestants…
Erin ‘Queen of Crazy’ Lee
Olivia ‘The Tumbler’ Marie
John ‘Master of Mayhem’ Watson
M W ‘Mistress of the Macabre’ Brown
Justina ‘Twist Mistress’ Luther
Rena Marin, the Renegade Redneck
Michelle ‘Woman of Letters’ Edwards
Skylar McKinzie, the Word Sorceress
Diana Register, the Vixen of Verse
Mary Duke, the Realm Wrangler
L. ‘Salty’ Salt
Yolanda Allard, the Book Siren
Eve ‘Blue Sparrow’ Corso
Lorah Jaiyn, the Huntress of Crazy
‘Royal Rita’ Delude
McKinzie ‘Creepy Girl’ Rae
Can a fantasy author out write a horror author in contemporary romance?
Can a romance author outshine a fantasy author under deadline?
• Sixteen authors in word to word knock out matches
• One week prior to each match, a poll will be placed in the group for readers to choose among four genres. The top choice will be the genre those writers will write in. Kimberly Lee, Marketing Director of Crazy Ink Publishing, LLC, will give a prompt to both authors five minutes before the start of the 30 minute live write. Authors will write for 30 minutes. At the end of the 30 minutes, each author will turn in a story of no more than 1,000 words and no less than 50 words. These stories will be given (no names) to Crazy Ink Editor Samantha Talarico, who, as Word Wars’ MC, will read the stories without revealing the name of that story’s author. This video will remain in the group for 24 hours where readers will be offered a second poll to vote for their favorite story.
• Stories* will include: 1. The first sentence must be the prompt given by Kimberly Lee.
2. The story must be written in the genre pre-selected by readers.
3. The story must use of the word crazy somewhere within it.
*Stories that don’t meet these rules will be eliminated from competition and the win will go to the competing author.
• Winners will move on to the next bracket where they will be randomly matched against other winners from the first round. This will continue until the final round where one winner will emerge.
• Genres will be eliminated after each round so authors are never writing in the same genre and readers are never choosing from same genre.
• Word Wars will take place every two weeks at pre-selected and promoted times.
• Readers will be offered shots at various CI Swag giveaways if they are able to correctly predict “Word War” brackets as set up by CI Author John Watson. In other words, there will be prizes for those who guess the correct winners of each round.
• Tie breaks will be deferred to CI editor Samantha Talarico.
• The winner will be named Crazy Ink’s CRAZIEST author and receive a surprise gift from the publisher TBA.
Join the madness
Follow my journey through the crazy world of indie publishing, writing and growing a business. Here, you'll find news on releases i am excited about, support for other authors through blog tours and blitzes because #Sharingiscaring and more!
Erin Lee, who also writes as EL George, is a USA Today Bestselling multi genre author unafraid to chase the madness. Author of more than 100 titles and creator of Crazy Ink Publishing, LLC, she'll try anything once and never turns down a dare.